The Vision of the Solano County Office of Education (SCOE)-Preparing students to learn, grow, thrive, and achieve lifelong success.
The Mission-Promoting equity and excellence by working with our school districts and community partners to create opportunities that address the needs of every student.
One Purpose, One Vision, One Voice
SCOE is a partner to Solano County’s 6 school districts, providing services and oversight that help them serve approximately 64,000 students. While SCOE does not have or create policies directing district behavior, since each district sets its own policies, we do offer key services and programs including:
- Service and support to help districts meet legal mandates, operate cost-effectively, and raise student achievement.
- Fiscal oversight to districts.
- Schools and services for special education and alternative education students who are not enrolled at district sites.
- College and Career Readiness and Workforce Development Services helps districts prepare their students for college and career.
- Professional development for teachers and administrators.
County Superintendent and County Board
The Solano County Board of Education is comprised of seven elected representatives from trustee areas. The Solano County Superintendent of Schools serves as the ex-officio secretary to the County Board. The board also serves as an appellate body for expulsion, interdistrict attendance, and charter school appeals. In addition, the board serves as the County Committee for School District Organization.
- Education Facts About Solano County
- Solano County Superintendent of Schools
- Solano County Board of Education
Facilitate and successfully implement the Common Core State Standards, pre-kindergarten to grade 12
Job Readiness Skills
Support academically rigorous and relevant career and college preparation for all students; promote 21st century teaching and learning to ensure that students acquire critical thinking, communication, collaboration, and creativity skills
Every young person can and will learn regardless of ethnicity, language, economic background, gender, or abilities
Provide technical support, resources, and expertise to help schools and districts measure, monitor, and direct student learning opportunities
Providing leadership and support to schools to implement multi-tiered systems of support, positive behavior interventions, and emotional support to ensure that every young person has the opportunity to learn in safe and secure settings.
Maintaining an organization that is fiscally solvent and ensuring the fiscal health of school districts under the superintendent’s jurisdiction