Pupil and Public Rights under Title IX
- You have the right to fair and equitable treatment and you shall not be discriminated against based on your sex.
- You have the right to be provided with an equitable opportunity to participate in all academic extracurricular activities, including athletics.
- You have the right to have access to a sex/gender equity coordinator, referred to as the Title IX Coordinator, to answer questions regarding sex/gender equity laws.
- You have the right to contact the State Department of Education and the California Interscholastic Federation to access information on sex/gender equity laws.
- You have the right to file a confidential discrimination complaint with the United States Department of Education Office for Civil Rights or the California Department of Education if you believe you have been discriminated against or if you believe you have received unequal treatment on the basis of your sex.
- You have the right to pursue civil remedies if you have been discriminated against.
- You have the right to be protected against retaliation if you file a discrimination complaint.
--(California Education Code § 221.8)
At this time the County Office does not provide the following items to athletics, but you have the right to receive equitable treatment and benefits in the provision of all of the following if any are provided by the County Office in the future:
- Equipment and supplies;
- Scheduling of games and practices;
- Transportation and daily allowances;
- Access to tutoring;
- Locker rooms;
- Practice and competitive facilities;
- Medical and training facilities and services; and