Foster youth Services
The 1998 Budget Act established the Foster Youth Service (FYS) Countywide Programs to serve foster youths, ages 4 to 21, living in Licensed Children's Institutions (LCIs) or group homes. The Solano Countywide Foster Youth Service Program is funded by a grant from the California Department of Education. Key stakeholders in Solano County formed the FYS Advisory Group by coming together with a goal of improving educational outcomes for wards and dependents of the court. Foster Youth Services collaborates with local school districts, licensed children's institutions, health and social service agencies, probation, law enforcement, youth advocates and other interested community members.
- Improve youth academic achievement
- Improve youth attendance and reduce truancy and dropout rates
- Reduce incidence of pupil discipline problems and juvenile delinquency
- Develop a health and education passport to support eligible foster youth
- Increase awareness and access to educational and vocational options
Program Manager, Educational Liaison