Workforce Development Services
Employment Services Designed to Meet Your Needs
- Do you need to fill one or more job openings?
- Do you have short or long-term staffing needs?
- Your payroll or ours!
- Reduced recruitment and placement time
- Pre-screened applicants with evaluated interests and strengths
- Training and support provided by Staffing Specialists
- Potential Federal and State tax credits
- Training wages paid for some employees in Workforce Development Programs*
The Workforce Development programs* provide our job seekers with hands-on training that leads to successful employment. Here are some benefits:
- There is no cost to employers
- Our trainees are employees of the Solano County Office of Education. We pay their wages, worker’s compensation, and all other employment related costs.
- All trainees have verification of their legal right to work in the United States. Fingerprinting services are provided when necessary.
- There is no binding contract or obligation to hire trainee(s).
- Our Staffing Specialist and Trainers are available to support employers and trainees as needed.
What Is On the Job Training?
- It’s a way to hire and train an employee on the job and receive a training stipend.
- The length of training varies - usually lasting between 3 to 6 months in duration.
- A Staffing Specialist is available to support the employer and employee during this training period.
- An agreement is developed between all parties that outlines the job and training needs.
- Job Shadowing
- Guest Speaking
- Tour of Your Business
“I would encourage any employer out there to look at candidates from the SCOE Transition Program. For us, it’s been a win-win situation.”
Peter Wolfe, Sunset Animal Hospital, Fairfield
“We have found that our employees from the SCOE Transition Program far exceed our expectations. They are the most dedicated and appreciative people we have the pleasure to work with.”Contact
Shawndra Salma, Fairfield Grocery Outlet
SCOE Workforce Development
2460 Clay Bank Road
Fairfield, CA 94533
Director, Resource Development and Transition Services
Transition Employment Services 2017.pdf